Another BIG thanks to Michelle over at RunningConfessions.blogspot.com for her mad jean-spotting skills at races. This one is from Sunday’s Detroit Free Press Marathon.
All posts in category Race Photos
Posted by Jill on October 23, 2013
Thanks, Friends, for all your kind birthday words.
What better way to start off the third year of this website than sending some inappropriate nudity to you during work hours?
Of course this was taken at Bay to Breakers. Did I even need to say that? Whether or not these girls ractually ran or just walked the race is unknown – but the bib pinned to jeans qualifies them for a post here.
Also, don’t do a Google Image search with “Bay to Breakers” and “nudity.” Just don’t. Trust me.
Posted by Jill on October 17, 2013
As you can imagine, I see A LOT of different race costumes (and race signs for that matter). I am always impressed when something creative and new emerges. If you are a Walking Dead fan, you can appreciate this costume. The fact that the runners are in jeans just makes it all the better.
Posted by Jill on October 11, 2013
With Halloween just around the corner and Best Race Costumes exploding like it does every year at this time, I thought it was time for another installment of Running Costumes with Denim. If you are looking for a denim-themed costume idea for your Halloween race, check out the past posts here. The Dukes of Hazzard one is my absolute favorite running costume ever.
We start the week off with a runner dressed like Malcolm Young. Or is it just some dude running in an AC/DC tshirt and jorts?
Posted by Jill on October 7, 2013
The JoggingJeans.com legend, Danny Denim, came to Pittsburgh this weekend to run the Great Race. He didn’t disappoint with his triple denim duds and had a “jorts PR” at the 5K with a time of 18:33 (2nd in age group).
1. Meeting Dan
2. Watching the faces of people looking at Dan while I was talking with him post-race. Their faces either said, “What the hell?” or “How awesome is that outfit?” All I can say is that watching their reactions was a whole lot of fun.
3. And I know this next picture has nothing to do with jogging in jeans, but these two little girls with their heads buried in books made me smile. Parents of these two, you get an A+.
And for those following along and wondering, I did not run. FU plantar fasciitis.
Posted by Jill on September 29, 2013
Posted by Jill on September 11, 2013
If you have websites that post pictures of people running in odd clothing, it is AWESOME to have a race director following your sites.
From the Good Karma 5K in May:
From the Run Like the Wind Running Festival in June:
Thanks, Ilana! Oh, and BTW, I’m still waiting for you to organize a Denim Dash, a Jorts and Jeans Jaunt, or a Jog in Jeans 5K. I’ll visit Seattle that weekend and be your #1 volunteer. Let me know so I can clear my schedule.
Posted by Jill on August 5, 2013
The three little words I LOVE to hear?
“You were right.”
You should listen to me more, People. One, because I AM right a lot. And, two, because I like to hear those words.
I told you that you should all do your mud runs in denim. Turns out, it is so much fun that a new word has been invented.
Posted by Jill on July 31, 2013
I am not sure where all you new followers came from but let me be the first to plant a big kiss on your lips and hug you while I reach around and give your ass a grab. Then I want to look deeply into your eyes and ask, “What the hell is wrong with you for wanting to continually visit a site that does nothing more than display pictures of people jogging and exercising in jeans?“
After you recover from all the groping, I want an answer.
And if you don’t feel too molested and decide to stick around, here is some other things you need to know:
- I don’t jog in jeans. I wear normal, appropriate workout clothing.
- Denim-wearing joggers are more awesome than most runners. This is a fact. A fact in Jill-World.
- I’m married but will steal your jean-jogging boyfriend or husband as my own in a second. Not to self: update boyfriend list.
- You will be loved here. I’ve said the following things before:
- I have much love for the viewers of my blog that visit sporadically.
- If you 1) visit regularly, 2) are an email follower, and/or 3) leave comments, my love for you is doubled.
- If you think of me when you see people jogging or exercising in jeans, you get triple love from me.
- You instantly reach a super-high level and get quadruple love if you send me a picture of someone running or exercising in jeans.
- If you run in denim BECAUSE of this site then you have reached the highest echelon of my love. That is love multiplied times a bazillion for those of you who are keeping track. Disclaimer: only a few select people can handle this level of love from me. Here is example #1.
- The last thing you need to know is that I live in Pittsburgh and love this city. If you are anti-Pittsburgh based on your Pittsburgh Football Hate (TM) or some other cockamaney preconceived notion about this city, give me one hour of your time to show you around. Seriously. I love to meet followers and/or fellow bloggers. Mr. Creepo, this offer is not extended to you.
So today’s picture is example #2 of someone that can handle the amount of love I can dish out: the lastest “Danny” character, Danny Japri, at the Sulphur Springs 5K this weekend.
(japris = jean capris)
And click on this link to see him in an action shot. He’s in the grass, passing all the losers in cotton shorts.
Newcomers, it is worth checking out the past denim-clad characters here.
Again, welcome, glad to have you around. [smooch]
Posted by Jill on July 28, 2013