My real life could use a little more of something: girl friends who are sweet and kind and genuinely care about other people. The world has far too many self-centered, insecure, miserable, negativity-spewing, drama-craving, giving me the stink-eye-at-the-gym-for-no-reason kind of girls.
Through this blog, I’ve “met” a ton of women that I wish I could uproot and move to my neighborhood so we could be real friends. ‘Cause these girls aren’t your run-of-the-mill nice girls but genuine sweethearts. Thanks, Girls, for writing and inspiring me to be a better person. Here is the list (if I forgot anyone, I’ll add you to the list when I remember):
Awesome Chick Blog Roll
- Brittany – The Happiness in Christ Project
- Charla – Running Haiku
- Elisa – ElisaRiva
- Jennifer – My Lesson in Motivation
- Jennifer – Veggie Burgher
- Jenny – The Running Thriver
- Jill – Whine and Cheese Run Club
- Jules – Jog On Jules
- Julia – C’est La Vie
- Katy – The Singing Runner
- Kristen – Inspired by Dooce
- Laura – Crafting Joy
- Minka – More than Running
- Suzanne – Run Fast and Don’t Fall Down. Okay, maybe Suzanne is A LOT cranky but she does have hints of sweetness. She is one of the funniest bloggers I know and I love her lots, so she gets to be on my list.
- Tracey – Stride and Joy
Another on this list is, Hemarie, I Sweat Pretty blogger. She may be the sweetest of all and is especially awesome because she is always looking for jean-wearing joggers during her races and is genuinely disappointed when she comes up empty. Times are changing! She sent me the following pictures were taken during the Corporate 5K on April 12, 2012 in Orlando, FL.
We have our first jorts and jogging stroller picture:
And this guy stretching mid-run:
You can read her spectator post about the race here. Thanks, Hemarie!