In case you were wondering, I am not dead. Life in Las Vegas is awesome and my new job is rocking my world (in the best ways) – but both have been keeping me insanely busy. I have all the pictures that you have sent of people inappropriately wearing jeans while exercising, and I promise to post them soon.
In the interim, I am sharing the picture* I took yesterday at my gym of a dude working out in jorts. He is, in fact, the very first person I have seen out here wearing denim while participating in some sort of exercise (difference #126 between Las Vegas and Pittsburgh) .
And the sign that hangs at my gym that the dude obviously didn’t read:
* Yes, that is me wearing a Steelers shirt sharing my Pittsburgh love in the desert. And, Pittsburghers, how much do you love what is hanging in the entryway of my new home?
Posted by Jill on January 23, 2016
In the past, people have sent me signs from their gyms that I have categorized as “Gym Signs that Suck.” My new (#badass Las Vegas) gym doesn’t have a sign but it does have a list of rules. There is one rule in particular that sucks. See #4.
If you care, I am LOVING it here in Las Vegas. Today marks two weeks and it feels like I have lived here for 6 months.
My first thoughts to share:
- So. Much. Sun. My body hasn’t seen this much vitamin D in my entire life.
- On my first day here, I got a little sunburn drinking coffee on my porch at 7:00 IN THE MORNING!
- One day, I thought there were clouds in the sky but it was actually smoke from a house fire a mile away.
- Goodbye seasonal affective disorder! Hello life of applying sunscreen every single day!
Posted by Jill on May 12, 2015
[You better sit down for this.]
…I am moving from my beloved Pittsburgh to LAS VEGAS!
The pieces, the details, all fell perfectly in place. To say that we are excited is an understatement.
I will be taking a little hiatus here at JoggingJeans.com as we move, get settled, and begin the next chapter of our lives. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Posted by Jill on April 20, 2015
The “+ More” = Red Rock Canyon
My trip to Las Vegas was wonderful. It felt like I was gone for a month and, as hoped, relaxed and stuffed myself stupid (the evidence: I gained 6 pounds in a week – ugh!). But I am here to share with you a little gem that can be found about 20 miles outside of Vegas called Red Rock Canyon. It was breathtaking. If you get a chance to go there for a little sightseeing or hiking, do it. It will be a welcomed break from the casino chaos. It is even the site of what I think would be a pretty spectacular half marathon.
Posted by Jill on April 10, 2014
Last Friday was THE day for JoggingJeans.com endorsements. First, we heard that Jeff Galloway ran IN JEANS in the morning. Then, later in the day, Olympian Nick Symmonds ran Ragnar Relay Las Vegas IN JORTS as part of Team NeverNudes.
Flight of Ideas Thoughts:
2. Nick’s quads = beautiful.
3. “NeverNudes” is the best jort-wearing team name.
4. Arrested Development is awesome.
5. Are “never nudes” a real thing?
6. My crush on Jason Bateman has spanned my lifetime (can you say “Little House on the Prairie”?).
7. I’m due for a trip to Las Vegas. I go solely for the food.
8. I’ve had dreams about Vegas buffets.
9. I’m hungry.
10. If any of you running nerds comment on Nick’s heel striking, you will be banned from this site.
11. How would I ban someone even if I wanted to? Damn.
12. Nick’s quads = beautiful.
(h/t Mark for letting me know about Colossal Happening #2 last week).
Posted by Jill on November 12, 2012
From what I can gather from their Flickr photostream, a group of people from Paradiso CrossFit in California put together a team for Ragnar Vegas. They had a Brittney Spears theme going on, and two of the running outfits were INCREDIBLE.
Here you have Justin and Britney from the 2001 American Music Awards:
Yes, My Friends, you are witnessing a jean skirt! A JEAN SKIRT! It is the first one we’ve seen here on JoggingJeans.com and hopefully it is not the last.
Posted by Jill on September 25, 2012