See the full collection of denim-inspired costumes here.
Posted by Jill on April 10, 2015
Can I say again how much I LOVE the guys and gals over at Wingate University? The second annual Jorts Mile was yesterday and here are some teaser photos to keep you entertained until I can get my hands on more.
The SIGN! The sign is made out of pairs of jeans!
The TROPHIES! The trophies for the winners!
So magnificent! Wanna bet that the smile on my face is bigger than yours?
If you missed the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC photos from last year’s race, check them out here.
Posted by Jill on April 25, 2014
A comment left on my site yesterday by Odeus:
“Running or jogging jeans is all about transcending all the normal BS materials and rituals people think they need in order to run well. It’s about being someone who will run whenever and wherever the moment strikes. There is much to learn from a person who runs in jeans.”
Odeus, you are a wise wise man.
(And a thanks to Jeff for today’s picture)
Posted by Jill on August 27, 2013
The three little words I LOVE to hear?
“You were right.”
You should listen to me more, People. One, because I AM right a lot. And, two, because I like to hear those words.
I told you that you should all do your mud runs in denim. Turns out, it is so much fun that a new word has been invented.
Posted by Jill on July 31, 2013
All you running apparel snobs better hang onto your overpriced visors. The running-in-denim craze is sweeping the WORLD! London Marathon. April 21, 2013. Count ’em: 1, 2, 3 people in jeans. At least three. There were probably more. A LOT more.
1. Danny Price, the brother of English celeb Katy Price, ran the full marathon IN JEANS in support of Jeans for Genes. I wrote about him and the charity here after he donned denim for the Brighton Half Marathon.
2. This dude rockin’ jeans and a leather jacket. He’s obviously not racing for speed, but he’s won my heart.
3. And this thing. Am I supposed to know what it is? Who cares. Just love it because it supports running in jeans.
Posted by Jill on April 26, 2013
1. My love for Mike, Boyfriend #8 and organizer of the Jorts House Mafia‘s presence at Baltimore’s Kelly St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock 5K, just grew exponentially because of this list he posted on the event’s Facebook page:
Hey team, a few last minute things….
1. Pick up your race packets meow.
2. We’re going to meet at 12pm at Mick O’Sheas (which is only a block south of the starting line on Charles St) for a prerace drink or two and team picture.
3. Remember to move your clocks one hour forward that morning.
4. No iPods/headphones are allowed this year. We’ll be blasting EDM/House music from our iPhones though for everyone to hear.
5. Beers after the race at powerplant. Grab two in case someone else wants one.
6. Make sure you look nice and iron your jeans/jorts/overalls/jeggings!
Mike is the “me” of my group of friends – the planner, the organizer, the one to remind everyone to turn their clocks ahead. L.O.V.E.
And then #6! L.O.V.E multiplied by infinity.
And who else drinks BEFORE a race!? Besides Charla, I mean?
The race is Sunday. I can hardly wait for the
almost naked pictures.
2. There has been an addition to the “Gym Signs that Suck” post thanks to Reader Stephanie.
3. I saw these denim-look “boy shorts” underwear while out shopping one day. Yes, I was tempted to buy them. No, I didn’t actually buy them. Reminds me of denim swimwear.
4. Here is a screen shot from my upcoming review of INKnBURNS’s True Blue Performance Denim Capris. Sexy, huh? Stay tuned.
Because the weather is still lousy, and you are probably going to do your run on the treadmill ANYWAY this weekend, how about throwing a few dollars towards this great cause? Details here.
If you do the run in some type of denim-wear, I’d love to have the picture and feature you here. Do it.
6. I lied. One more: Have a great weekend, Friends.
Posted by Jill on March 8, 2013
People! Remember my brilliant idea for a denim race?!
It happened. It was called the Inaugural Wingate Jorts Mile. It took place last Saturday at Wingate University. It looks like the most incredible event. Didn’t I TELL YOU that it was a good idea? Here is the pictorial evidence of my idea’s brilliance:
The SIGN! The SIGN! Made out of pairs of jeans! L.O.V.E.
And race photos that you will love only a fraction of the amount that I love them.
The only thing that would have made this race better? Me at the finish line hugging people as they crossed.
Who are you, People Behind This Race? We are of like minds and NEED to be friends.
Posted by Jill on February 20, 2013
WRANGLER will launch the first pair of moisturizing jeans…the pioneering skinny-fit style incorporates high-performance skincare ingredients to protect your legs from the dehydrating effects of denim.
The Denim Spa jeans come in three finishes – Aloe Vera, Olive Extract and Smooth Legs, which aims to prevent cellulite. Hydrating properties include of natural oils and butters, such as apricot kernel oil, passion fruit oil, rosehip oil, shea butter and monoi de Tahiti – a Polynesian ingredient made using Tiare flower buds soaked in refined coconut oil.
“They definitely feel cooler than regular jeans,” said Lizzie Jagger in a film to promote the style. “After a day wearing them, my legs feel great – they come out feeling more silky than usual.” (source)
These jeans moisturize, protect from dehydration, prevent cellulite, and cool us down. Sounds like dream apparel for any runner, not just the denim-wearing kind.
Posted by Jill on January 19, 2013
Remember Team What Would Jorts Do (WWJD)? No?
Remember the guy who stripped to his underwear in the midst of his jort-wearing runner friends? Yeah, I thought so.
[If you missed it, or just want to see a picture of a hot guy in his underwear, you can read the post here.]
Well, two of the guys of Team WWJD* ran with the new and improved team name of Jorts House Mafia. The race was the Patterson Park Public Charter School: No Pain No Spain 5K and Fun Run on December 1st.
From Mike’s email sent right after the race: “We obviously won the the team competition, and if everyone plays by our rules, we subtract one minute per beer we drink afterwards. So we ran a 18 minute 5k right now… And it’s only 11:26 am.”
And the BEST NEWS from Team Jorts House Mafia: they are organizing a denim-clad event as part of Baltimore’s Kelly St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock 5K on March 10th. **
From their event page on Facebook:
Join the team; wear Jorts/Jeans/Jean cut offs/Jean 3/4 Pants/ Amish Jean Skirts, whatever you feel comfortable in to walk/run.
If you don’t, you can still join, but you’ll be the weird one in the picture. [***]
Registration is via active.com. Put “Jorts House Mafia” as your team.
If you are from the Baltimore area and want to run, go here and register. Even though the Facebook event is labeled as “invitation-only,” I have a feeling this group of very awesome, very fun, dedicated-to-making-Jill-very-happy group would welcome other denim-wearing runners with open, inebriated arms.
* These are boyfriends #8 and 10 if you are keeping track.
*** I think the people that don’t wear denim should have to strip to their underwear for the photo.
Posted by Jill on December 12, 2012